It’s April. It’s raining. The dirty snow outside is finally getting washed away. But the mess inside my house will remain the same unless I do something about it. I don’t want to do a typical spring cleaning, I want to do a 2017 clearing.
The hubby, kids and I moved into this house only two years ago, but we quickly added to the clutter that we brought over from our small apartment. And just the past two weeks I’ve been traveling, then had back-to-back dinners upon my return. So I have yet to unpack, let alone bring the house back to order.
The 30 Day Declutter I chose was found off Pinterest. I don’t know who created it originally, but the blog that referenced it is: http://www.divaswithapurpose.com/declutter-bootcamp-making-a-happy-home and I decided on this one because it said “30 minutes”. Any challenge the next 30 days will be tough because I start a new full-time job this week, so if the idea is to complete it in 30minutes I’m all-in.
- I’m an organized mess
- I have slight OCD. I don’t clean things up right away, but I know where everything is.
- I’m a low-grade hoarder
- there’s always a chance I might need it
- My husband is oblivious
- unless it smells, he probably won’t notice
- To complete this within 40 days (I have to be reasonable)
- to have a box full of items to donate
- find better ways to stay organized