I Forgot How To Do Math
On Day 13, 14 and 15 either my internal clock is broken or I’ve forgotten how to do math because I kept having trouble calculating the amount of sleep I was getting. Sleep is supposed to help your brain, not make you stupid. Or maybe it’s my kid’s common core math homework successfully screwing with how I add and subtract. All I have are 10-frames and counters in my head and none of it makes sense.
1:00am – 8:30am (7hours 30min), Hit Snooze: 0x
When I woke up I was upset I couldn’t fall back to sleep to catch some more zzz’s. I wanted at least 7hours. When I complained to my husband about us falling asleep at 2am, he said we actually knocked right before 1am, in the middle of the movie.
1:30am – 9:30 am (8hours), Hit Snooze: 0x
For some reason I kept calculating wrong and thought I only got 6 hours of sleep. I woke up so tired and was sure I didn’t get 7 hours rest, until I remembered that I was on my feet for almost 5 hours yesterday at Women’s March.
12:30 – 7:45 (7hours 15minutes), Hit Snooze: 3x
Total sleep was probably more like 6 hours and 45 minutes since I hit snooze so many times. I don’t know anymore. I’m too tired to think.
Now that I’m half-way through the 30 Day Sleep Challenge, this is the time I like to step back and take stock of how I’m doing. Here are some observations I’ve made on Day 1 – 15:
- I’m averaging more sleep a night, but haven’t felt more energetic. 🐌
- On the contrary, my body and brain seem to be more tired. 😴 Sure, I have other things going on that I’m not detailing, but life is always going on. 🎭
- Surprisingly adjusted to an earlier bedtime very easily. 🛌
- Eliminating sleep distractions has been easier than I thought. Biggest help is put my phone far away from me at night. 👋🏼📱
- I used to be a morning shower person, until I become a stay-at-home-mom. Now I’m lucky if I shower at least 3x week. 🙊 For the first few days I would take a shower every morning and it helped jolt me up in the morning. 🚿
- The snooze button is a blessing and a curse. ⏰🔨
- All I do at night is watch a show or movie. 📺 What was I doing before that was so important that I needed to stay up till 2am?
Want to read all 30 Days of the Sleep Challenge? View the Overview page HERE