BLOGGING Challenge: Day 15 of 30
Challenges of This Challenge
I’m half way through the 30 Day Blogging Challenge!
I think this a good time to pause and evaluate my experience so far and pinpoint my hurdles so I can focus on overcoming them during the second half. I’m not going to rewrite my biggest challenge, you can read it here. I’m going to focus more on the logistics.
- Photos – not ready to pay for “free” images
- I’ve tried so hard to find a photo that captures my message for each post. Yesterday, I failed. My go-to, pexels.com, didn’t have the image I wanted and the other sites required subscription, which I’m not ready to commit to. Being in advertising I knew about licenses and the requirements for that industry, but it’s still an area I need to understand better. I’m glad that one of Sark eMedia reference emails regarding this topic.
- Commenting – be a better neighbor
- I wrote about this in a previous blog, and I’ve tried to comment on at least one new blog a day since. This forces me to check out other bloggers’ site and to find ones with intriging content and style that I can get inspired by too. But I still find myself hesitating. This includes being a better participant on the 30 Day Blogging Facebook Group Page.
- Post topics – I’m blogging about blogging
- I have a editorial calendar as my planning and writing process, and I’m constantly editing it in an effort to have the posts flow day-to-day. But blogging about trying to blog doesn’t change much in my 24hours. I’ve done a good job making the time to write each night, but I haven’t made the time to learn new things, ie. WordPress, Facebook, SEO writing that will improve the credibility of this blog I’m trying to establish. Then I can start writing about what I’m doing versus what I’ve been scared of doing.
I’ve personally felt like I’ve stumbled over a few hurdles already and at times was ready to stop. But like Haiti in the 110m semifinals at the recent Olympics (who completely faltered on the first hurdle! video here), I’m going to finish! I’m going to keep taking on my personal blogging hurdles and make myself proud.
Want to read all 30 Days of the Blogging Challenge? View the Overview page HERE